NANS Bylaws and Rules
General membership is open to all persons within the community at large, and will be guided by the following guidelines:
• All new and incoming members will be screened by the Senior Leadership of Corporation/Organization and COG, all will be considered and not be discriminated against based on the applicant’s race, creed, religion, color, age, disability, pregnancy, marital status, parental status, veteran status, military status, national origin, political affiliation, sex, gender identity and any other status protected by the law.
• All incoming members will be on a 90-day probationary period before becoming a permanent or tenured member. During this probationary period, if it is determined that the incoming member is not a fit for the organization, said member may be removed.
• No member, incoming or tenured, may be involved, as an active or inactive member, supportive of or affiliated with any criminal organization, racist organization, hate promoting group and or terrorist group as defined by the US Department of Homeland Security and the Federal Bureau of Investigations (aka FBI) terror watch group parameters. To be involved, as an active or inactive member, supportive of and or affiliated with any of the types of organizations identified in this policy will result in immediate removal and all actions, written or in action, will be reported to the proper authorities.
Anti-Racism and Discrimination Policy Corporation/Organization and COG shall not tolerate, for any reason or under any circumstances, without exception, any form or support of racism, participation or affiliation in racist groups or ideology. Any alignment with a racist or terrorist group will be in violation of these Bylaws and will call for immediate removal from this organization. Corporation/Organization and COG shall not tolerate, for any reason or under any circumstances, without exception, any form of discrimination based on race, creed, religion, color, age, disability, pregnancy, marital status, parental status, veteran status, military status, national origin, political affiliation, sex, gender identity, and any other status protected by the law. This list is not all inclusive and can be added to as the need arises or if the Corporation/Organization and COG find reason to modify this section. The Corporation/Organization and COG will comply with these anti-discrimination policies. In some cases, Federal and local laws and regulations may provide greater protections than those described in this policy. In those cases, Corporation/Organization and COG recognizes those protections and will abide by them and expect all members to do the same.
Disciplinary Action- Racism and Discrimination Any form of racism will not be tolerated as this is an organization for learning; and, also there will be no tolerance of any derogatory or purposefully discriminatory acts towards other cultures, classes, or other religions as the Corporation/Organization and COG of this organization is to build a strong community through tolerance, education, commitment, and honor with the goal of understanding that we can all learn to live together
■ Investigation to determine the level of the violation will immediately commence. Depending on the investigative findings for breaking this rule, the disciplinary action would result in possible:
1. Up to and including a 6-month suspension from being a voting member and all social media outlets. Board votes to be made for review to return must have a ⅔ majority.
2. Exceptional violations may result in immediate removal from the Corporation/Organization and COG by the President/CEO along with the Vice President/Senior Executive Director and Secretary/ Executive Director , and may do so without a Board vote, along with an announcement to the Norse community of said violation.
3. Repeating offenses may result in a permanent removal from the Corporation/Organization and COG and membership; and depending on the offenses, removal from membership at large. This section is also applicable to all current and future non-voting members of the Corporation/Organization and COG. Any violation of this policy by those in the general membership will result in immediate termination of membership.
*By purchasing Northern American Nordic Society Membership, you agree to abide by the NANS Bylaws and Rules on this page.
Written by Marnell Keller, Alshergothi and Director of the Northern American Nordic Society tm and copy right 1/1/2021 all words in this class are translations and interpretations of the of the codex regius translation by @OathinGothi Liam and are concepts and understanding of spiritual beliefs of the “COG.” All rights received to the COG members @OathinGothi Liam and @Marnell AG.